Originally designed for studying, isolating and manipulating samples such as Campylobacter spp, Helicobacter pylori and other similarly fastidious microaerophiles in a sustainable microaerobic environment, the flexibility of atmospheric control (from 0% to 20% oxygen) that these workstations provide enables them to be used for both microbiology and cell culture applications. As with our other microaerobic and anaerobic workstations, the Whitley M45 can be specified with the Whitley Automatic Humidification System. This is particularly relevant as tests in our in-house laboratory have indicated that Campylobacter colonies grow larger and exhibit more typical morphology when incubated in an atmosphere with elevated humidity (at least 75% RH).
The M45 has three ports for convenient user access to the entire incubation and working areas and can accommodate up to 900 x 90mm Petri dishes. The optional Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System quickly creates and maintains a particle-free environment that exceeds the requirements stipulated by ISO 14644 Class 3.
A range of additional accessories, such as a single sample entry systems and data logging options, are available to tailor this workstation to your particular requirements.
- Optional removable front (with instant access or traditional sleeved ports) to enable the transfer of larger batches of samples or pieces of equipment for use inside the chamber.
- Built-in rapid airlock allows the transfer of plates in just 60 seconds.
- Colour, touch-screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity, and airlock cycle status.
- Reminder to perform calibration can be set for between 7 and 21 days.
- Can be specified with the Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System for additional product protection.
- Save time with the automatic commissioning cycle.