Whitley M Range Workstations were originally designed for the study and isolation of microaerophilic organisms such as Campylobacter spp, Helicobacter pylori and other similarly fastidious organisms. However, due to the flexibility of the atmospheric control (from 0% to 20% oxygen), these systems are widely used for both microbiology and cell culture applications. As with our other microaerobic and anaerobic workstations, the Whitley M35 can be specified with the Whitley Automatic Humidification System. This system is especially beneficial in the cultivation of microaerophilic bacteria such as Campylobacter spp. Our own laboratory tests have indicated that Campylobacter colonies grow larger and exhibit more typical morphology when incubated in an atmosphere with elevated humidity (at least 75% RH).
The M155 HEPA has an internal volume of 900 litres and can accommodate a variety of items of equipment such as imaging devices, microscopes, plate readers, spiral platers, etc. It comes complete with the unique Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System. All the atmosphere passes through the filter hundreds of times an hour, which ensures the chamber environment is cleaned quickly.
The generous internal height facilitates easy pipetting. All your work can be performed without removing your samples from the set environmental conditions and the entire chamber can be used as both working and incubation space.
With a rapid 16 litre airlock, there is no risk of compromising conditions inside the chamber (and it’s flushed with nitrogen as an additional cost saving).
DWS also offers two optional cooling methods for this workstation. A Refrigeration System could be useful if you are working with organisms that need low temperature incubation. Alternatively, the Heat Removal System allows the workstation to maintain ambient temperatures at all times.
A range of optional accessories, such as data logging and cable glands are available to tailor this workstation to your particular requirements.
- Two patented oval ports enable you to work comfortably, gloved or bare handed.
- Rather than use off-the-shelf HEPA filters, DWS has worked with one of the world’s leading filter manufacturers to develop a filter specifically tailored to suit this workstation.
- Levels of atmospheric cleanliness inside the workstation exceeds the requirements of ISO 14644 Class 3 (equivalent to Class 1 of the US Fed Std 209E Cleanroom Standards and exceeds the particle counts attained at rest’ (without an operator) of Grade A as set out in the GMP Guidelines). We can provide test results confirming particulate levels inside the workstation.
- Fitted with a fan that circulates the internal atmosphere continuously – contributing to even temperature distribution and ensuring any internal particulate will be in motion.
- A removable front enables the transfer of larger batches of samples or pieces of equipment for use inside the chamber.
- Colour, touch screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity and airlock cycle status.
- Other options to tailor the workstation to your requirements include: single sample entry system; cable glands; shelves and data logging.
There are no reviews yet.