These workstations were originally designed for the study and isolation of microaerophilic organisms such as Campylobacter spp, Helicobacter pylori and other similarly fastidious organisms. However, due to the flexibility of the atmospheric control (from 0% to 20% oxygen), these systems are widely used for both microbiology and cell culture applications.
As with our other microaerobic and anaerobic workstations, the Whitley M35 can be specified with the Whitley Automatic Humidification System. This system is especially beneficial in the cultivation of microaerophilic bacteria such as Campylobacter spp. Our own laboratory tests have indicated that Campylobacter colonies grow larger and exhibit more typical morphology when incubated in an atmosphere with elevated humidity (at least 75% RH).
The M35 can accommodate up to 600 x 90mm Petri dishes.
A range of optional accessories, such as removable front and cable glands are available to tailor this workstation to your particular requirements.
- A rapid, 12 litre airlock that can transfer 40 plates in only 60 seconds.
- Intuitive colour touchscreen interface with PIN-code protected user access levels.
- Ethernet-enabled for remote access to touchscreen.
- Data download facility that allows you to record workstation parameters and download stored data in seconds for traceability and reference.
- This workstation can be specified with the Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System.