The A135 GMP Anaerobic Workstation* is specifically designed to be used as a clean-air isolator in processes following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). This microbiology isolator provides Grade A air cleanliness (EU GMP), combining sterile uni-directional airflow, positive operating pressure, and physical isolation to provide highly effective product protection. Unlike traditional isolators that use inlet air from the surrounding room, this workstation is a fully closed recirculating system so can be housed in a Grade D cleanroom during GMP compliant use.
Two sizes of airlock are available for this workstation: one is 17.5 litres and provides for the effective transfer of up to 10 x 500ml Duran bottles (or items of a similar size) to and from the chamber in just 2 minutes. The dimensions of this airlock are 197mm x 388mm x 190mm (W x D x H). The larger airlock is 43 litres (measuring 335 x 300 x 300mm) providing effective transfer for items of equipment or for up to 20 x 500ml Duran bottles in just 5 minutes.
With internal working area dimensions of (w x d x h): 1075 x 750 x 608mm, there is a generous amount of working space inside the workstation chamber to house equipment such as centrifuges and homogenisers. The patented oval glove ports provide maximum comfort when used over extended periods.
An optional HEPA Filtered Airlock is also available, which includes the incorporation of a H14 HEPA filter to ensure 100% reduction in airborne particulate in the airlock over the course of the cycle. This ensures Grade A particulate counts in the main chamber are not compromised.
Each workstation is tested to ensure compliance with the relevant portions of ISO 14644-3. This will be of special interest to users conducting anaerobic processes that must comply with GMP requirements. In addition, tests carried out in our own laboratories confirm the integral HEPA filtered laminar flow system meets the requirements set out in BS EN 12469:2000 with regard to protection of the working area from particulate and microbial contamination.
Don Whitley Scientific engineers are trained to carry out filter integrity (DOP) testing on HEPA filters. This allows us to provide full validation on Whitley GMP Anaerobic Workstations. Customers who work to GMP processes can rest assured that they don’t have to source their own external, specialist organisations to perform these important tests once their workstation has been installed. DWS has invested in the relevant equipment and training to provide this one-stop solution. Customers can have the confidence that their workstation has been tested by engineers who are fully trained in the operation and manufacture of Whitley Workstations.
Example applications for this workstation include: faecal microbiota transplant; probiotics manufacture; bacteria manufacture; biopharmaceuticals and microbiome therapeutics.
- This Grade A anaerobic isolator maintains strict anaerobic conditions, operating from two gas supplies for the most effective and efficient running costs.
- HEPA filter face velocity/uniformity of uni-directional airflow and Dispersed Oil Particulate (DOP) tests are carried out in accordance with ISO14644-3 to validate system integrity and performance. All tests are performed by an independent organisation.
- The GMP Workstation exceeds the requirements of Grade A air cleanliness (EU GMP) and ISO 14644-1 Class 3 both at rest and in operation.
- Whitley Intelligent Monitoring continually measures atmospheric down flow to ensure optimised filter performance.
- ‘Standby’ feature (ECO mode) automatically decreases fan speed when the chamber is at rest to maximise energy efficiency.
- The large workstation chamber is perfect for accommodating a variety of items of equipment (removable front fitted as standard).
- A password protected full colour touch screen interface allows easy monitoring of all parameters simultaneously. Alarms and status notices are also displayed.
- This workstation is Ethernet-enabled for remote access review and control.
- Data logging system records all monitored parameters every 60 seconds.
- The Event Log lists events showing the date and time they occurred. The log retains information for 100 days and can be downloaded if the Data Logging option has been purchased.
- Air sampling ports can be fitted to allow monitoring systems to be connected to the workstation for continuous particulate monitoring and microbial air sampling.
- A fully automated de-humidification system is included as standard. It does not require any operator intervention.
- A bespoke trolley with heavy-duty castors is provided as standard. A trolley not only saves desk space but is also useful for ease of mobility for service and maintenance.
- Other optional features are available to tailor the system to your requirements.
- The workstation can also be run aerobically if required.
- Range of possible decontamination protocols, including the use of vaporised hydrogen peroxide.
- IQOQ documentation available.