The TC-3 permits to work with:
- Horizontally and vertically arranged multiple samples.
- Immersed and air-liquid interface setups.
- Sheet-shaped, rod-shaped and cylinder-shaped substrates.
- Tension and compression axial loading.
- Simultaneous flow and deformation conditions.
- Hydrostatic pressure conditions.
Depending on the scaffold type, it is also possible to use microscopy techniques to inspect the status of the culture in-situ.
Scalability and versatility are key features of the TC-3, in which three grips models can be interchanged in order to adapt to the features of the testing substrate or scaffold.
The system is controlled by a simple computer interface which allows defining the most common loading profiles which can be applied on the culture substrate.